Which Project Management App Wins out of Trello vs Asana vs ProductTeev?
Working on a big team project used to be a bit of a nightmare. Without modern technology, you would have to waste lots of time handing out separate documents to each team member to make sure that everyone was up to date.
Communicating with everyone at the same time wasn’t easy, and as such productivity slowed down. Fast forward to 2016, and we now have plenty of project management apps to choose from that make managing a team project easier than ever before. Project management apps help teams track their work, improve productivity – and boost results.
But which one is the best app that works for you and your team? Let’s take a look at the battle between Trello vs Asana vs ProductTeev.
Trello is one of the most popular project management tasks of all time, and is derived from the Kanban boards. It essentially operates as a digital whiteboard that allows your team members to stick virtual post-it notes to it. More portable than a normal whiteboard, Trello lets you and your team do everything you can do on a whiteboard – as well as a whole heap more. Super flexible, really easy to use, Trello keeps track of absolutely everything. You can read more in our trello app review.
But how does this app measure up vs ProductTeev vs Asana?
- Really easy to view your while project in one glance
- Collaboration is both effective and simple
- One of the best things about it is how visual it is
- Super easy to get to grips with so that your team members can get up to scratch quickly
- Comes with a whole host of features that are easy to use
- The bigger the projects and teams become, the more complicated Trello can get
- There are no setting dates
- Lack of accountability makes it easy for team members to lose focus and fall behind
- Real lack of standard features from 3rd party extensions
Read how Trello compares to ToDoList and Wunderlist in our review.
Asana gives you the chance to track a team project from the first initial idea right through to completion. The responsibility of each team member is clearly laid out so that everyone knows exactly what they should be doing, and any business can use it – no matter how big or small.
Getting started is really easy, while the app is free to download. Teams can create task lists, reminders, to-do lists, while commenting on tasks is easy for anyone who has been given permission. You can ask questions of any team member, follow specific projects so that you don’t get swamped with notifications, while usage is unlimited. Even with the free version you get plenty of top fathers, such as unlimited tasks.
But how does Asana fare when compared vs Trello vs ProductTeev?
- There is a free version
- Getting started and up to speed couldn’t be easier
- Quick and responsive
- The free version can support up to fifteen people on any one team
- Design is great to look at
- Packed with features
- Offline capabilities are lacking – there are zero
- Don’t bother if you have a graphic-intense project planned
- Notification aspect needs to be fine-tuned
- Can get a little bit busy if you let it
- Can take a while to get to grips with for slow learners
Producteev has been described variously as “the task management service of your dreams,” “much more than a multiple-project to-do list,” and “the task management service I’ve been longing for.” This project management app comes with an intuitive and easy on the eye interface. It aims to help project managers stay on top of their tasks by better managing their teams, and there is a free version which comes with all the core features, and which allows for an unlimited number of projects, users and tasks.
But how does it compare vs Asana vs Trello?
- Constantly being updated by the developers
- Lots of useful AjaxTask delegation feature is fantastic
- Not many keyboard shortcuts, which can slow down your time
- Not really useful for individual users working on solitary projects
- Can’t manage tasks by BOTH priority and deadlineStill rough around the edges
In conclusion, while there is lots of room for improvement for Producteev, and while Asana is certainly stuffed with great features, Trello is still the major player in the project management app. If you need an app that your team can get up to speed with super quick and which will enhance your overall productivity, it really can’t be beaten.