When the global economy’s on the ropes, you’ll wish you had saved a little for the rainy days to come. Tracking your expenses is one of the simplest ways to make sure you don’t go overboard during the good times so you’ll have something put aside for the bad. It also a useful app startup fro anyone who needs to track expenses on their business and projects. Consider this Shoeboxed review and see if it’s right for your business.
What Makes the Shoeboxed App Special?
There’s a lot to be said for the Shoeboxed app as it’s probably the easiest app of its kind to use.
- This stems from the fact that you can give out a pre-assigned email address to whoever needs to report their expenses to you, letting this receipt app collate all the information in one place with zero effort.
- It goes a step further when it comes to taking photos to keep track of receipts as it is able to extract printed data from any clear photo and automatically fill out the relevant in-app expense forms.
- You can access a searchable, sortable archive of your categorized, IRS-accepted receipts.
- Export expenses to QuickBooks, Wave Accounting, Excel, Outright, Xero and dozens of other tools.
Things to Watch out for
Even though this is clearly a superior receipt app, there a still a couple of issues that the developers would do well to fix, particularly with the Android version.
- Sometimes the app took a while to respond to touches, which adds a little frustration to the mix when you’re trying to add new information to keep track of receipts.
- Another problem is that it’s not that easy to transfer app data to the web-based version and this aspect isn’t automated like other functions are, which seems odd really.
Who Should Use the App
Anyone who needs to track their receipts and mileage without the added pain of manual data-entry. Shoeboxed really does all of the work for you! The simple take-home message from this Shoeboxed review is that the app is generally worth having, especially if you use the iOS version.