Using the Hourstracker app is great for most timekeeping purposes. If you’re looking to keep an eye on how much you’re actually working throughout the day, or you need to track what your employees are getting up to, this could be the time keeping app for you.
When it comes to making sure you accurately track work hours app selection is a highly important decision. So many apps purport to do the same thing when in actual fact they’re subtly different.
- This job tracking app provides most of the features you’d expect from such a service, and it goes one step further than the rest by offering an additional location awareness option. When you have people traveling between different offices and so on, this will help you work out who was where and for how long.
- Cloud-based backup/restore with one re-usable backup slot included free (free account sign up is required).
- Web-based reporting access, including charts, graphs, desktop exports, and rolling backups available with optional subscription.
Two Significant Problems
- Nowadays it comes pretty much as standard that any job tracking app worth its salt contains cloud functionality. The Hourstracker cloud option requires a small monthly fee but it’s better to make this small investment than to risk losing all your data. There are two separate apps for iPhone and iPad, and you have to use Hourstracker cloud support to synchronize your data between the two.
- Another problem is that you can’t make invoices using this app. That’s a major issue for a lot of people so think carefully before you try Hourstracker.
Take a look at our Timewerks app and find out all the good and bad sides of the app!
Who Should Use the App
This app is quite handy if you need to easily track your time and earnings, whether you’re an hourly employee, a contractor, or you just want to better manage your working hours.You could take a gander at the free version of the Hourstracker app to see if you like it. The negative aspects noted above may not actually bother you at all and it’s generally worth giving it a go.