Many of us say we want to do more travelling, and indeed travel more often is one of the major New Year’s resolutions. What stops most people from traveling is often the irritating planning and booking process. You have to book hotels which are often really expensive, and they’re not always to your satisfaction. Moreover, the process is often time-consuming in no way efficient. This is where travel apps come in. Online booking apps such as AirBnB vs Hotel vs Wimdu get straight to the point, making the booking process easier than ever before. With these apps, you can look for the cheapest hotel rooms, manager your bookings safely, and you always get the lowest price possible. If you’re not sure which app is the best for you, let’s take a look which travel application comes out on top.
Great Wimdu vs AirBnb vs Hotels debate
AirBnB is an online community that has grown to be one of the world’s most popular travel apps. At present, it houses more than 2 million listings and covers 35,000 cities around the globe. Users are able to personally message their hosts to learn all about where they will be staying, and they can also open up their own home to fellow travellers. So, you get to be either a host or a guest! In this sense, AirBnB app is a marvellously social marketing travel app that connects people who love to get around. But how does AirBnb measure up vs Wimdu and Hotel? Let’s take a look at its pros and cons:
- Super easy to find, share and save the ideal place to stay
- Everything is done from your phone
- Payment is 100% secure
- Easy to manage your bookings
- As a host, it’s east to get acquainted with your guests
- Trusted marketplace to list your home
- Search by room type, price, size and amenities
- Property doesn’t always match the description
- Hosts are sometimes unresponsive
- Property damage cannot be ruled out when someone stays in your home
Hotels is an online booking app that finds you last minute deals all around the world. You can find and book easily selected hotels at the best prices and bookings can easily be made in as little as 10 seconds!
The app is available to check out on Facebook, twitter, SnapChat and Instagram, and is known for its efficiency, simplicity, and accessibility. It’s great for that one night getaway you’ve always wanted to do spontaneously, as well as full 2 week vacations in luxury hotels.
But how does Hotels compare vs AirBnB vs Wimdu?
- 24/7 customer support with real people
- Best prices always guaranteed
- Hand-picked selection of some of the world’s best hotels
- Categories include Basic, Luxe and Hip which help you to find a room that is right for you and your needs
- You can book a room in just 10 seconds
- Can only book 1 week in advance
- Not a massive selection of worldwide hotels – good for major cities but comes up short with lesser-known towns
Wimdu describes itself as “your smart hotel alternative,” that offers users city apartments all around the world.
Wimdu is Europe’s largest portal when it comes to quality city apartments . They currently have had over 5 million nights booked, and can offer wonderful apartments in cities such as London, Venice, Berlin, Rome, Lisbon and Stockholm. Like AirBnB, you can either be a guest or a host.
But how does Wimdu perform vs AirBnB and Hotels?
- Easy to search for and book top-quality apartments
- Simple interface
- Great alternative if all the best hotels are already booked
- Hidden fees apply
- Customer service is not great
- There is always the risk that your property as a host could get damaged
- Listing property can be difficult due to issues such as picture sizes
In conclusion in the AirBnB vs Hotels vs Wimdu argument, Hotel comes out on top for us. Although Hotels certainly has its cons – you can only book for last minute deals – you are always guaranteed a quality hotel that suits your needs.
AirBnB and Wimdu relies on its users and their homes, and while this can work out sometimes, there will definitely be times when a guest doesn’t get exactly what they were expecting.